A roleplaying forum set in the mid-late 1880s in Vienna, Austria-Hungary. A dying empire is preserved in the amber of 19th century glamour.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Derpy McGee

Derpy McGee

Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] Empty
PostSubject: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:25 pm

The Venetian scowled to himself at feeling sunlight on his face, as well as the killer headache once he’d registered that he was awake. Unfortunately. He scowled, and held his head, muttering under his breath and opening his eyes enough to see where he was. Judging from the cold sensation in his cheek it felt like on the ground somewhere.

The sight of stone paving certainly confirmed his suspicions. With an unhappy grunt he looked up and out of the alley he seemed to have ended up in, eyes squinting to take in as little light as possible before curling up a bit, not really wanting to get up. At least not yet since he’d have to eventually. . . And what was that smell—Stale alcohol? Oh, right.

That’s where he was. He could remember having too much to drink and head butting a man in the nose and probably breaking it, when he thought about it. Whatever-- he probably deserved it. What he didn’t remember was how it had turned into a full blown fight which had gotten them both thrown out and Bepin had wandered off into some alleyway that looked somewhat comfortable without cleaning himself up. His nose was still bloody and had dropped onto his collar and his lip and eye felt a bit odd, but he’d put the odd feeling down to the hangover. That and because he’d only just woken up and was too tired to realise that that wasn’t normally how hangovers felt. He always hated it when he woke up in places like this—he much preferred waking up in random people’s beds. . . Excusing those couple of incidents that he’d rather not talk about when he woke up in bed with a man. And not running into either of them ever again was certainly the preferred option.

After another minute or so the Venetian finally admitted defeat, pushing himself up off of the ground and grumbling to himself in his native language. He stumbled to his feet, nearly falling back down again but using the wall to stabilise himself. Guhh. He needed to get home. Maybe sleep some more and get something to eat. Besides. If anyone recognised him it’d play havoc with his reputation—not something someone like him needed. But. . . Where was home? Well. He knew where home was but not how to get there from here-- Or where here was.

Carefully, he made his way to the end of the alleyway. Looked like he was near the apartments—Not so much near the one he lived in; but this was better than he’d thought. He nodded to himself at gathering his bearings and reading the most visible number before heading towards his own. He’d only been in a few of the other apartments, but they all looked a lot nicer than his. After a moment he scowled, wondering why he even lived in this area. It was expensive as hell; he could just about afford the rent with his business but his furniture was hardly lavish (at least Venetians were more know for entertaining people in places other than their own house, this was just another reason to not bring them back to his dump--) and he hated the people—oh right. He needed to convince them that he was rich(ish) and this was the best way to do it. Plus not to mention there was potential targets all over the place—

Though why were they staring at him like that? In the end he just put it down to waking up and looking like he’d just been pulled through a hedge backwards. Still unaware that he looked like he’d been thrown through the hedge and into a wall. And sniffed a bit as he walked, meeting a few of the more disgusted looks with glares—he really wasn’t in the mood for this.

[[ Guhhhh-- lame, sorry. orz And lame title, too. /tableflip ]]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ohgoshbex.tumblr.com
Hapsburgers Syndrome
Admin
Hapsburgers Syndrome

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:21 pm

((I finally apped this girl just to creep Bepin out-- XD))

Hedwige sold flowers. She did love it. Well, minus the poverty and the street sleeping and cold winters and no bath. Flowers were pretty. However... When the opportunity arose to pickpocket someone out of their wits, she would take it. She had some saving up to do.

So when she saw a man stumbling out of an alley, she followed after him as quietly as she dared. His clothes looked nice... But the rest of him didn't. He must have been drunk the night before-- which meant he had spent money, which meant he probably had money.

She was thinking of just sticking her hand in his pocket and feeling for money... But then he stumbled into the daylight and into public. So instead, hugging her flower basket close to her so those riches knew what she really did, she caught up with him. "Lost yer way, sir?" did she really need to ask?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Derpy McGee

Derpy McGee

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:46 pm

[[ xD He is so very greatful-- /shot ]]

Bepin had been looking forward t getting back to his apartment for once, briefly lost in what he'd cook himself for breakfast when he got back, only be be cut off by a loud sound. He winced and held his head at the shot of pain in his head, rasing a hand to massage his temples before turning slightly. He wasn't facing her completely, more half facing her and scowling slightly. Had he not been so highly strung from the hang over, he might have been more polite. . .

But she was getting between him and his home. And she looked poor. And she had one of the worst sounding accents he'd ever heard. Not to mention that she was loud and he had a throbbing headache that her being there really didn't help. Really at themoment he couldn't care less if she was was actually some confused prostitute or an elephant in a suit riding an unicycle. she was loud. she had to go.

"No," he said harshly, practically hissing, "What do you want?"
Back to top Go down
Hapsburgers Syndrome
Admin
Hapsburgers Syndrome

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:20 am

"Why can't you smile for a lady?" She muttered. Or, did he not think she was a lady? She almost scowled right back at him. "Or was it a lady that kicked you out on the street?"

What did she want? "A house." She grinned with yellow teeth. "But y'know, a few sovereigns will do if you got any." And if he didn't, she would have to see if it was true. Picking a flower out of the basket, she slid it into his lapel. "See? You already owe me."

She struggled to keep up with his pace... But continued talking. "What's the matter? Having trouble finding where you live?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Derpy McGee

Derpy McGee

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:57 am

"Because you are loud and I am hung over," Bepin snapped, making a passerby jump before letting out a harsh laugh, "kicked out by a woman, I have never been kicked out by a woman and I doubt I ever will."

He paused, staring at the flower before removing it from his lapel to examine it, twirling it between his fingers before sneering at the young woman. "A House?" he repeated, smirking a bit and tlting his head, "You're not going to get that selling flowers, ciòci. You'd do better as a maid or an actual prostitute. Well. Maybe not, I know I wouldn't pay for you." He pausd, tilting her head up by the chin and staring at her, taking a moment to examine her like he would a horse, "I'll admit I've seen worse, but I wouldn't kiss anyone with teeth like that. But you do have nice eyes-- still not enough to make me want to pay to look at them. And you look like a virgin-- not that it's a bad thing, but for prostitutes, it is."

Though he did like having a flower in his lapel. . .

He paused, checking his pockets for some change and scowling. He was sure he had some left-- he must have been pick-pocketed while he was out cold. "Wait here."

He turned on his heel, walking more briskly towards his apartment and putting the flower back-- but she was following him. What part of 'wait there' didn't she understand. He wouldn't have minded so much had she not been louder than the last time he went to a zoo, he wouldn't have cared so much. But each and every word-- every syllable was like a mallet to his head. Again, he turned on his heel to face her, still walking backwards, "Indoor voices, please," he hissed, using his hand to convey his point more clearly before turning back without missing a beat. "And of course I'm not. I'd been there by now if I hadn't run into you."
Back to top Go down
Hapsburgers Syndrome
Admin
Hapsburgers Syndrome

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:00 pm

"Well, one 'ovem coulda been prevented." She smirked right back at the insult. "Too many alcoholics on the street, you better watch yourself, Herr."

The smirk turned into a scowl when he took the chance to grin. Having someone who had their life handed to them try to defer her dreams was despicable. Even when, in the back of her mind, he was probably right. "Well, none o' your business, is it?" Her face turned red with anger and something else in his hand, and she quickly swatted it away. "Gotta problem with the way I look, then quit looking! And I'm not going to work for anyone." Then, she added, with a disgusted shudder, "In any capacity."

Ah. He didn't have any money on him. She could either wait for him to come back out of his apartment and have it turn out that he wasn't coming back, or, she could follow him there and be laid just to leave.

She snorted. "I never had an indoor voice, sir, do I look like I been indoors?" And at least he though the meeting was by chance-- otherwise he'd have called the cops by then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Derpy McGee

Derpy McGee

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:23 pm

[[ Now she's just starting to sound like a stalker--- /shot ]]

He couldn't say that he was overly happy about being followed by her, especially since she was loud and he didn't like anyone seeing his apartment. But how was he going to get rid of her? He could always just not let her inside-- which he felt he'd be doing regardless, losing her before he got back was the prefered option, though.

"I don't see how you've never been indoors. But please. Shut up." He scowled, losing his patience with the woman and rubbing his temples to try and make the pain go away, "I have a terrible headache and I'm not fond of the idea of my head exploding. . ."

But great-- they were already at his apartment building, so much for getting rid of her before they'd even gotten close to the building. But he sighed, not in the mood to try and convince her he lived somewhere else and just heading up to his room on the top floor. He paused for a second to pull his key out of his shoe, using it to open the door and looking back to her.

"Wait here." He said more firmly, pushing it open just enough for himself to go in and exposing the nicely decorated wall that one would see when the door was opened and slipping in. He pushed the door to, thinking he'd actually closed it and making his way over to the stuffed lion that sat infront of the window. He make a face, running a hand through it's mane and looking around the room for a second. It wasn't anything special, apart from the one nicely decorated wall the rest of the walls were borderline peeling, the carpet had once been red but was now a less than pleasant shade of brown and it was certainly very empty excluding the stuffed lion, a small dining table, a few very obscure looking paintings of fish people and an old looking couch and chair. He scowled slightly to himself, deciding that he should really tidy up, maybe decorate even, but not yet. He returned his attention back to the lion, pulling on the mane this time to reveal a secret compartment and briefly looking smugly at his small treasure trove of rewards for conning people out of money they didn't deserve (well, in his opinion, at least)--

But oh yes. The girl. He quickly pulled out enough to pay for the flower, closing the hatch and stroking the mane again before turning on his heel to head back to the door.
Back to top Go down
Hapsburgers Syndrome
Admin
Hapsburgers Syndrome

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:05 am

[[What else does she have to waste time on other than this-- XD]]

Sticking her nose up in the air, she muttered, "Not very polite, are ya? What, you think people like me go home to our mansion estates at night? I been indoors"-- in the heating rooms in winter. To just barely keep the poor alive, rooms with benches and nothing else were heated and allowed the poor to solicit. But they couldn't stay for long. "It's just that I never stayed in 'em."

She didn't listen before, so she wasn't going to just start complying then, and not go inside. Especially when she saw such a beautiful wall from the crack in the door-- and him pulling money out of a toy. (funny, she was under the impression that the rich made their furniture with money) But stepping inside shattered that vision of grandeur and replaced it with a look of disgust.

"Are you tricking me?" As if he'd trashed an apartment just to make her mad. "You ain't rich." But as long as he would pay her...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Derpy McGee

Derpy McGee

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:24 pm

He scowled at hearing her come in, not that he could say he wasn't surprised-- but that didn't make him any less annoyed. He walked over to her from what he considered a less than amazing piece of taxidermy with a clear glare on his face.

"I told you to stay outside," he hissed, before smirking lightly, "when did I ever say I was rich? Haven'tyou ever heard of not judging a book by it's cover? Just because I'm dressed nicely doesn't mean I'm rich. Now I'd appreciate it if you leave," He said in a much more polite tone than before and smiling as he placed the money in her hand, "I don't like uninvited guests, understand?"

He grabbed the shorter woman by the shoulders and turned her forcefully to face the door, "And like I said before, selling flowers wont get you anywhere near enough money to buy or even rent a house. Ciao~"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]   Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dutch Courage [ Bepin / public ]
Page 1 of 1